Reasons for Investment in Turkey
Turkey with its inevitable admission to the EU, offers a splendid investment opportunity
Unique geographical location
Turkey enjoys a very special location at the crossroads between East and West, overlapping Europe and Asia geographically. The proxy to the new emerging markets in the Middle East and Central Asia creates unique business opportunities.
A strong international investment record
The experience of more than 11,600 (as of end-2005) foreign capital establishments, including 104 of the Fortune Top 5000 companies, confirms Turkey as a predominant investment location.
A fast developing stable economy
The average growth rate for the last 5 years, which is well above many OECD countries, implies a dynamic and growing economy. WTO outputs also state that Turkey is among the most dynamic 20 countries in the world trade. In the last 3 years, Turkey's GDP grew by 24.3%, on a cumulative basis (in real terms). Turkey's real GDP and GNP increased by 8.9% and 9.9% respectively in 2004. This is the highest growth rate in the last four decades and makes Turkey one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Turkey is expected to grow by more than 5% per cent a year in the next 5-to-10 years.
A huge domestic market
- High-skilled, competitive labour
- High quality standards
- The gateway of energy resources
- A state of the art telecommunications network
- Strong ties with Europe and United States
- Living cost is significantly lower than other European countries
- Besides being a vacation resort, it is also suitable for retired people to live all year long with its mild climate, nice atmosphere and reasonable prices.
- A newly built property in Turkey from a reputable developer comes with guarantees.
- The prices in Mediterranean Turkey have gone up by nearly 30 % in the past two years.
- Only 2 - 3 hours of flight time away from most European cities.
- Turkey is an all year round vacation destination.
- Turkey can provide excellent infrastructure with respect to hospitals, roads and rail links, phone lines / internet access etc
- Foreigners are warmly welcomed and English has become widely spoken.
- Foreigners from many countries can now legally own property in many parts of the country, especially around the Mediterranean coast.
- Real estate acquisition of foreign real and legal persons has been regulated in the article 35 of the Land Registry Law numbered 2644 with law numbered 5444 and dated December 12,2005 which was established in the Official Gazette of 26046 numbered and dated January 7,2006 (For further information http://www.tkgm.gov.tr )